(0 rates)
    • March 15, 2017 9:51 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Hello Animated Buzz!

Hello!

My name is Kurtis andI have been working on the animation side of the video game industry for over ten years.  I earned a B.S. in computer science from The Art Institute of California - Orange County, with a focus on media arts and animation in 2003.  I've been lucky enough to work on beautifully detailed pre-rendered movies and epic

I currently work at Blizzard Entertainment and I've been lucky enough to work on beautifully detailed pre-rendered movies and epic fast-paced video games over these years and it's my goal for my website to hopefully inspire and give a deeper insight into this art medium called: "animation".

The Broken Tangent

My hope is that this website will become an animation labyrinth filled with professional and personal works.  Along with general articles about the industry and behind the scenes write ups and videos about the animation process.  In the future, I plan to add a podcast to this as well.  Here's to hoping!  

Stay tuned and thank you for visiting!

-  Kurtis

• March 22, 2017 11:18 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Nice to see someone from the video game industry! As someone who aspires to work there any insight is greatly appreciated. So feel free to spread all that wisdom around, haha. 

• March 25, 2017 10:56 PM PDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

David Ponce said:

Nice to see someone from the video game industry! As someone who aspires to work there any insight is greatly appreciated. So feel free to spread all that wisdom around, haha. 

Thank you, David!

Sure, I guess it would kind of depend on what aspect of the game industry are you trying to get into?  Animation?  If so, I would say this:

- Stay hungry and continue to learn

- Compare yourself to other artists in the industry now; this will help you cut out weaker pieces in your demo reel

- Demo reel catering; if you're aiming for Blizzard, make your demo with art/animation Blizzard does stylistically.  Same goes for Riot, Valve, etc. 

Hope this points you in the right direction.  Any more questions feel me to hit me up!  

Twitter - @BrokenTangent

Website - www.thebrokentangent.com 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

(200 symbols max)

(256 symbols max)